20100713

the first of the seven seals


acrylic and watercolor on found metal

yay! pestilence is done! (sorta maybe?) i've been screwing around with this concept of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse idea for a while.. alot of people bring up that i only paint women, which is not true (most the figures in my sketchbooks are men or at the very least asexual) but it's true, alot of my large symbolic pieces are female-centric. woman have played a huge role in my life, so it's a dominant theme. but for good ol' death and destruction i had to bring out the boys. it makes sense to me somehow? i play with gender roles alot, switching jesus's supposed gender to that of a woman happens in my work, but for this part of my evil series i went with the boys. thanks to kim for the pic (again.. man i owe you!)